Searching \ for '[OT] Posting resumes in Piclist???' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: massmind.org/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'Posting resumes in Piclist???'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] Posting resumes in Piclist???'
2009\04\07@070607 by Mohamed Ismail Bari

picon face
Hello all,

I am not sure if this forum is appropriate for posting resumes and enquiring
for job opennings. Just wanted to know if this is allowed in Piclist?

Currently, I have come to the UK and looking out for hardware design jobs.
If resume posting is allowed then I will post my resume later.

Thank you all,
-Ismail

2009\04\07@105441 by Bob Axtell

face picon face
I don't think it is wise to post a resume 'en masse" on the Piclist,
because too much personal info on the web can be personally
dangerous.The PIClist is more widely read
that most people are aware.

Instead, post a bit about yourself generally, then suggest that
serious requestors ask for
it by email.

Good luck. Use the [OT] tag.

--Bob

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Mohamed Ismail Bari <spam_OUTizmileTakeThisOuTspamgmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am not sure if this forum is appropriate for posting resumes and enquiring
> for job opennings. Just wanted to know if this is allowed in Piclist?
>
> Currently, I have come to the UK and looking out for hardware design jobs.
> If resume posting is allowed then I will post my resume later.
>
> Thank you all,
> -Ismail
> -

2009\04\07@110831 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> Instead, post a bit about yourself generally, then suggest that
> serious requestors ask for
> it by email.
>
> Good luck. Use the [OT] tag.

shouldn't that be the [AD] tag?

--

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu

2009\04\07@113008 by Tamas Rudnai

face picon face
I think a web site would be better with you CV - but do not put your
personal info on it as identity theft is quite high problem in the UK
nowadays.

Also you may consider putting yourself in Monster or other sites - just
search for 'job' on google.co.uk and you will get the top job sites on the
first page.

Regards,
Tamas


On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Mohamed Ismail Bari <.....izmileKILLspamspam@spam@gmail.com>wrote:

{Quote hidden}

> -

2009\04\07@113526 by Bob Blick

face
flavicon
face

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:35:44 +0530, "Mohamed Ismail Bari"

> I am not sure if this forum is appropriate for posting resumes and
> enquiring
> for job opennings. Just wanted to know if this is allowed in Piclist?

Hi Ismail,

It is allowed, but please use the [AD] tag.

A small warning, be prepared to engage in discussion :)

Cheerful regards,

Bob

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely different…

2009\04\07@122038 by Peter

picon face
Bob Blick <bobblick <at> ftml.net> writes:
> It is allowed, but please use the [AD] tag.
> A small warning, be prepared to engage in discussion :)

I think that if allowed, it should have its own tag [RESUME] or [JOBAD], and NOT
be open to comments in the usual manner (although this should be enforced by
etiquette only). Usually one does not post help wanted or resume ads to reap the
opinions of 2000 odd strangers, having them tagged directly and visibly (in a
subsequent google or nabble web search at least) to anyone, forever. Note that
subsequently deleting a message from the piclist archive, won't clear it from
nabble's and google group's equivalents, not to mention gmane's and a half dozen
others I don't know about. Imho, do not underestimate the searh skills of your
future (would have been?) employers or business partners.

Peter


2009\04\07@123152 by Michael Rigby-Jones

picon face


> -----Original Message-----
> From: piclist-bouncesspamKILLspammit.edu [.....piclist-bouncesKILLspamspam.....mit.edu] On
Behalf
> Of Peter
> Sent: 07 April 2009 17:20
> To: EraseMEpiclistspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTmit.edu
> Subject: Re: [OT] Posting resumes in Piclist???
>
> Bob Blick <bobblick <at> ftml.net> writes:
> > It is allowed, but please use the [AD] tag.
> > A small warning, be prepared to engage in discussion :)
>
> I think that if allowed, it should have its own tag [RESUME] or
[JOBAD],


No more tags please!

Mike

=======================================================================
This e-mail is intended for the person it is addressed to only. The
information contained in it may be confidential and/or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must
not make any use of this information, or copy or show it to any
person. Please contact us immediately to tell us that you have
received this e-mail, and return the original to us. Any use,
forwarding, printing or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
No part of this message can be considered a request for goods or
services.
=======================================================================

2009\04\07@124426 by Bob Blick

face
flavicon
face

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:20:19 +0000 (UTC), "Peter" <plpeter2006spamspam_OUTyahoo.com>
said:
> Bob Blick <bobblick <at> ftml.net> writes:
> > It is allowed, but please use the [AD] tag.
> > A small warning, be prepared to engage in discussion :)
>
> I think that if allowed, it should have its own tag [RESUME] or [JOBAD],

More tags is not something you'd see me go for :)

> and NOT
> be open to comments in the usual manner (although this should be enforced
> by
> etiquette only).

There are a few people here who don't get "etiquette". It's a hard
enough word to spell!

{Quote hidden}

Posting on the Piclist is no different from any other public forum in
that regard.

I think all the responses so far have been very good. "Don't do it!
Spare yourself, run quickly while you still have a chance to escape!" is
great advice.

Posting a resume to the Piclist has thorny hazards. But if he's willing
to risk it, it does fit in the [AD] tag. Hopefully people will tread
gently on him with their meat tenderizers.

A straight resume written for HR department review is not going to work
as well as something tailored for a group of thousands of embedded
engineer types, some of whom are also looking for work.

Cheerful regards,

Bob


--
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely different…

2009\04\07@135844 by Mohamed Ismail Bari

picon face
Thank you all for your responses. Yes, personal info is one thing that I am
concerned of when posting in public forum. Now, based on all the responses I
think I should do the following on my CV.

1, Strip of all personal information
2, Give only a short introduction of myself and my experience.
3, Use the [AD] tag for posting..

I think if anyone is really interested they would contact me offline.

Thank you all and wish me luck!

-Ismail

2009\04\07@144128 by Michael Algernon

flavicon
face
{Quote hidden}

I think [AD] is a good choice and discussing a resume can be very  
useful for the owner of the resume.
MA

2009\04\07@154958 by Richard Prosser

picon face
2009/4/8 Mohamed Ismail Bari <@spam@izmileKILLspamspamgmail.com>:
> Thank you all for your responses. Yes, personal info is one thing that I am
> concerned of when posting in public forum. Now, based on all the responses I
> think I should do the following on my CV.
>
> 1, Strip of all personal information
> 2, Give only a short introduction of myself and my experience.
> 3, Use the [AD] tag for posting..
>
> I think if anyone is really interested they would contact me offline.
>
> Thank you all and wish me luck!
>
> -Ismail
> --


Good Luck!

RP

2009\04\08@043028 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>Currently, I have come to the UK and looking out for hardware design
>jobs. If resume posting is allowed then I will post my resume later.

OK, you don't say where in the UK you are, but you may like to peruse the
'careers' section at the top of this page (this being my employers home
page). They have two major sites, one in Oxfordshire, and one in Cheshire,
along with some smaller 'outposts' (but these don't typically require
technical people).


http://www.scitech.ac.uk/

This one is also associated with us, and periodically has technical jobs
available.

http://www.diamond.ac.uk/default.htm

2009\04\08@054514 by cdb

flavicon
face
The http://www.gis-a-job.co.uk website often has a lot of Electronic industry
adverts, as does http://www.electronicsweekly.co.uk.

Colin
--
cdb, KILLspamcolinKILLspamspambtech-online.co.uk on 8/04/2009

Web presence: http://www.btech-online.co.uk  

Hosted by:  http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=7988359







More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2009 , 2010 only
- Today
- New search...