Searching \ for '[OT]Umm surely not' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: massmind.org/techref/index.htm?key=umm+surely+not
Search entire site for: 'Umm surely not'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT]Umm surely not'
2009\06\28@210127 by cdb

flavicon
face
Apparently this job requires me to either; 1) Kill customers or 2)
Kill shop assistants by product placement.

This is an advert for a company that requires a Merchandiser for
Microsoft Mobile products.

' You would be required to proactively execute on POS through
exceptional merchandising practices '

Grandma will be spinning too.

' As well as being able to work autonomously, be proactive and you
must be able to think outside the square in presenting solutions to
your retailers, and approach every day with a tenacious and passionate
attitude representative of your out-going personality.'

I really need to go back to school so that I too could be eduficumated
in proper ingleesh like wot iz tort nar ain't it?

Colin

--
cdb,  on 29/06/2009



2009\06\28@213023 by John Gardner

picon face
> I really need to go back to school...

Went to Best Buy yesterday for a USB external FDD.

Called ahead; Took 20 minutes,but yep, 4 in stock.

Took the floor crew 40 minutes to find them, though plainly
displayed on a gondola. (I don't participate in these snipe
hunts anymore - Don't walk well). All personnel involved
wore wireless headsets, presumably receiving guidance
from the mothership.

I assume that most of the interval was consumed hoping I'd go
away; Still seems remarkable...

If I owned Best Buy stock I'd sell it.

Jack

2009\06\28@224608 by solarwind

picon face
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 2:30 AM, John Gardner<spam_OUTgoflo3TakeThisOuTspamgmail.com> wrote:
> Went to Best Buy yesterday for a USB external FDD.
>
> Called ahead; Took 20 minutes,but yep, 4 in stock.
>
> Took the floor crew 40 minutes to find them, though plainly
> displayed on a gondola. (I don't participate in these snipe
> hunts anymore - Don't walk well). All personnel involved
> wore wireless headsets, presumably receiving guidance
> from the mothership.
>
> I assume that most of the interval was consumed hoping I'd go
> away; Still seems remarkable...
>
> If I owned Best Buy stock I'd sell it.

If you're an EE, never, ever go to best buy. Geek-squad - says it all...

2009\06\28@230233 by John Gardner

picon face
> If you're an EE, never, ever go to best buy. Geek-squad - says it all...

As opposed to... ?

Fry's is another 20 minutes down the freeway - Last time I was there I was
accosted by a large fellow who wanted to strip-search me. I convinced him
to go bother someone else.

On 6/28/09, solarwind <.....x.solarwind.xKILLspamspam@spam@gmail.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

> -

2009\06\28@234830 by Herbert Graf

picon face
On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 23:02 -0400, John Gardner wrote:
> > If you're an EE, never, ever go to best buy. Geek-squad - says it all...
>
> As opposed to... ?
>
> Fry's is another 20 minutes down the freeway - Last time I was there I was
> accosted by a large fellow who wanted to strip-search me. I convinced him
> to go bother someone else.

I don't "not go" to any store, I shop around. To avoid a store out of
"spite" is not my style.

When I want something I keep an eye on prices. If Best Buy has the best
price (rare, but it happens) I got there.

For most computer related technology items the smaller shops in Toronto
can't be beat.

TTYL

2009\06\28@235905 by John Gardner

picon face
My own MO,  Herbert - Admittedly offering to fight store employees
reduces my enthusiasm for doing business with the firm...

Toronto sounds like a great place.

On 6/28/09, Herbert Graf <.....hkgrafKILLspamspam.....gmail.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

> -

2009\06\29@002116 by Vitaliy

face
flavicon
face
John Gardner wrote:
> My own MO,  Herbert - Admittedly offering to fight store employees
> reduces my enthusiasm for doing business with the firm...

It's weird: I hear this a lot about Fry's Electronics, but the one we have
here in Phoenix is nothing like the horror stories you get on the internets.
I love our Fry's, you can get stuff cheaper there than online, and they
offer a 15-day return policy with no restocking fee. They're also very
efficient, both at getting you through the checkout, and getting your
refund/exchange processed.

The only other Fry's I've been to, was in Las Vegas -- and it wasn't bad
either.

If you're going to be in Phoenix for the MASTERs, Microchip offers free
daily bus rides to Fry's Electronics.

Best regards,

Vitaliy

2009\06\29@003426 by Sean Breheny

face picon face
Maybe POS means "Piece of S***"?  ;)

It is amazing how these job ads are nothing but a collection of
buzz-words thrown together in (semi)grammatically correct sentences.
Really reminds me of the Dilbert Mission Statement Generator!

I'll have to remember to "think outside the square"!!!

Sean




On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM, cdb<EraseMEcolinspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTbtech-online.co.uk> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

>

2009\06\29@004404 by John Gardner

picon face
My first experience with Fry's was buying a P2 kit - Which
still works.

Next was a GE "Superadio", which I'm listening to as we speak.

My last was the experience I referenced.

I habitually carry a knife, which seemed to discourage the young
man I mentioned.

2009\06\29@010039 by William \Chops\ Westfield

face picon face

On Jun 28, 2009, at 6:01 PM, cdb wrote:

> think outside the square

"Three dimensional thinking will not be required" ??

BillW

2009\06\29@041547 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>> think outside the square
>
>"Three dimensional thinking will not be required" ??

Hmm, I was thinking in the round ... maybe one could quip about thinking in
the nude ...

2009\06\29@131902 by Peter

picon face
Sean Breheny <shb7 <at> cornell.edu> writes:
> Maybe POS means "Piece of S***"?  ;)

That cannot be true. If it would be, what would one call the attendant-less
checkout devices ?

Peter


2009\06\29@211006 by Jinx

face picon face
> It is amazing how these job ads are nothing but a collection of
> buzz-words thrown together

Is this one plain enough Sean ?

http://criggo.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/alligatorswanted.jpg

http://criggo.com



'[OT]Umm surely not'
2009\07\15@030002 by Vitaliy
face
flavicon
face
Jinx wrote:
>> It is amazing how these job ads are nothing but a collection of
>> buzz-words thrown together
>
> Is this one plain enough Sean ?
>
> criggo.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/alligatorswanted.jpg
>
> http://criggo.com
>

Jinx, this just cost me an hour, and now my stomach hurts.

I hope you're happy.

Vitaliy

2009\07\15@084007 by Jinx

face picon face

> Jinx, this just cost me an hour, and now my stomach hurts.
>
> I hope you're happy.

Well, I was merely gratified until I heard someone got hurt ;-))

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2009 , 2010 only
- Today
- New search...